It may seem a bit soon to be talking about the Holiday season, but it will be here before you know it! As that time of the year draws near, so begins the planning for all those annual holiday parties. The most wonderful time of the year, also happens to be one of the busiest times of the year. Between shopping, traveling, family traditions, work parties, and social events, it is best to think ahead and get a jump start on the party planning early this year.
Here are some tips from our Riverwood Staff to help you with your next holiday party!
1. Pick a prime date for your guests and book it well in advance. The holiday season is a very busy time for everyone, so you want to make sure you pick a date early and let your guests know. Remember there are only so many Friday and Saturday nights in one month, so the earlier you pick a date the better your chances are for securing a great venue that will accommodate your needs. Our in-house coordinators at Riverwood even suggest picking your date a year in advance.
2. ORGANIZE. This is a huge part of the planning process for any event, and is key when coordinating a holiday party for a large group. Set a budget and know your estimated guest count. Envision the style of your event and decide which elements are most important to you and your guests (fun, food, entertainment, cocktails, conversation, dancing, photos, elegance, upscale experience, etc).
Creating an agenda and/or timeline for your event will help keep you on track, and your guests entertained. The agenda should outline the arrival and departure times, along with cocktails, appetizers, lunch or dinner, and any entertainment you have planned.
3. Plan activities and book entertainment. Create an atmosphere that encourages guests to interact with one another and gives them something to do. Think about the flow of the evening and take into consideration that guests will be arriving at different times. It takes a moment for them to get settled in, and warmed up to party. A cocktail hour with passed appetizers is a great way to kick off your event before the dinner or entertainment begins.
Whether it's a DJ, live band, or even your own playlist, the right kind of music can set the tone for the entire event. There are many activities that will produce a fun, positive experience for all. Set up games with prizes for the winners or giveaways to announce later in the evening. Photo booths, cookie decorating stations (that double as guest's dessert or take home favors), Christmas carol karaoke, and gift exchanges are just a few ideas to keep your guests engaged.
Entertainment is not a necessity, but it does help provide your guests with a more unique and memorable experience. One of our favorite event entertainment suggestions is the all request dueling piano band, Rock and Roll Pianos. They are extremely talented, entertaining, and the perfect musical solution for a range of audiences. The best part of all is your guests are the DJ! What they request, the Rock and Roll Pianos play.
So why not let Riverwood host your annual Holiday party? Whether it’s a corporate event, work party, or just a family affair, surround yourself in southern splendor as you celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! Raise the bar on your annual Christmas party and wow your guests by bringing them to Riverwood Mansion. Nashville’s most beautiful event house will be fully decorated in a Christmas theme. As you enter through the gates, you’ll feel as if you’ve entered another era, one of long forgotten classic elegance and grace.
Fireplaces throughout the mansion set that cozy feeling as guests mingle in the parlor rooms. Chandeliers glimmer up above and add an unmatched elegance to the evening. With interior access to the mansion, as well as the attached grand pavilion, Riverwood is a wonderfully unique place to plan a party of any size. We promise that you will be enchanted as your spend an evening at Riverwood Mansion.
Leave the planning to us and you will enjoy a stress-free, organized, and effortless event!
Our historic mansion and on-site pavilion set the stage for your charming, southern Home for the Holidays event.
Our Holiday parties include:
- Traditional southern menu options
- Beautifully decorated guest tables with seating
- Pre-set china, flatware and cloth napkins
- 100 candles lit throughout the mansion
- Garden lighting package - perfect for Holiday photos!
- Bose CD player with auxiliary input
- Bar options available
Please call us to set-up your tour of the mansion at 615-228-8892, or for more information on how we can help you organize your holiday party!