The weather is warming and if you're anything like us, you're dying to get outside and enjoy a little sunshine. There's nothing better than the company of friends over food in the open air of Spring.
You shouldn't feel limited to indoor space when it comes to throwing your next dinner party. Consider turning your celebration into an outdoor southern soiree. From a lovely bridal brunch complete with a mimosa bar, to an outdoor rehearsal dinner under Italian string lights, the options are endless. Impress your guests by keeping the details elegant, and taking the party outdoors.
Creative ideas & tips for your next outdoor event
- Throw an afternoon tea party in the garden.
- Host a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars of summer.
- Consider a theme for your party: Midsummer Night's Dream, Backyard BBQ, Great Gatsby, Alice in Wonderland, Havana Nights, Enchanted Forest, etc.
- Use fresh floral centerpieces to bring your outdoor surroundings straight to the table.
- Keep foods simple and light during daylight hours and don't forget a refreshing beverage.
- Set up a fire pit for evening affairs to keep guests cozy - for an added bonus make smore's.
- Encourage mingling by setting up an outdoor lounge area.
- Don't over complicate it! The three key elements to a successful dinner party are good friends, good food, and a great setting to enjoy them.
Riverwood's shaded gardens are ideal for a private alfresco dinning experience. Contact us about reserving this space for your next special occasion.
Photos by: Gregory Byerline